St. Mark’s Historic Tower Restoration

In January 2024, a years-long restoration and preservation of St. Mark’s historic clock and bell tower was completed. The stand-alone structure was built circa 1890. Charles F. and Elisabeth W. Choate funded the building of the Clock and Bell Tower at St. Mark’s Church in honor of their daughter, Helen, who died at the age of 19.

Located within Southborough’s Historic District, the Tower serves as a reminder of the past and also a beacon for the current day. St. Mark’s is grateful to its parishioners, the Massachusetts Historical Commission, Southborough’s Community Preservation Committee, the Town of Southborough, the Bargain Box, and the many others who have given funds for the nearly $1M tower preservation project. We are also grateful to Cenaxo, Inc, and Spencer Preservation Group for their leadership and work on the project.

A celebration for the Tower is scheduled for early May 2024. Details coming soon.