Twice a year, in the autumn and spring, we host four weeks of classes for newcomers. These classes, which run about an hour on Sundays after church, give an overview of the following:
- The Christian family tree and where we as Episcopalians fit in
- The basis of authority as Anglicans
- An overview of the Bible
- A run through of our Book of Common Prayer
- A conversation about St. Mark’s and our ministries
- How to participate in the life of the church
In addition, we host a Newcomers’ Dinner with staff and vestry members, and then finally we welcome new members in our Sunday liturgy.
Interested in joining St. Mark’s? Email our rector, Phil LaBelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.